Thursday, December 14, 2006

 
Dear Jennifer,

I hear you on the Christmas wear . . . or "not to wear" as the case most definitely is!
Now, I know, for absolute certain . . . that we can be friends.
Real friends.
Like, the kind that would actually meet in real life! yes.

I have not see not seen too many of these faux paus out here in Colorado this year . . . . more of a mid-west and southern thing, I think. Also, I am not working at a non-profit anymore. That seems to make a difference too.

I used to laugh because my boss wouldn't let me wear jeans to work. Now, I can appreciate that. Even though we were a non-profit, we were a professional counseling agency. No jeans if fair.

But . . .

You have to understand . . .

I was wearing nice jeans

with a super cute, professional top . . .

and earrings . . .

and makeup . . .

and nice shoes with a heal . . .

and probably even a belt, if i recall!

You have to admit, you can make jeans look nice.

But no.

No
no
NO.

No jeans.

Not even on Friday.

But . . .

It was okay for women to wear pilled sweaters with 3-d flowers and second-hand too-short slacks . . .
baggy dresses . . .
mismatched everything . . .

heck, I even got away with some atrocious outfits . . .

as long as they were not jeans.

I never understood that.

Comments:
I DEAL WITH THE SAME THING HERE.
The men have to wear ties. But I cannot belive some of the things women will wear to work around here!
However, if they said jeans it would be bedlam. People would not undestand the casual Friday NICE jeans concept. At all.
 
my favorite non-jeans outfits that i sported . . .

a nice sexy dress . . .worn over black pants

a red bandana worn in 2-Pac style - around the head with hair piled up on top

drawstring navy blue pants with a dragon embroidered on one leg . . . . that i bought at an indigo girls concert/music fair . . . and a too-small red waffle weave zip up hoodie that i found on the "free rack" at work (remember, non-profit).

i would have looked much nicer in jeans and a nice blouse!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?