Tuesday, December 19, 2006

 
Dear Jennifer,
As I told you last week, we could not wear jeans to work at my first counseling job.
So, I must confess . . .
It was not all that long ago that I wore black velvet overalls with an orange fleece turtle neck (from a garage sale) to work.
Then I worked at a boys group home.
After the first week or so, I was pulled aside and told that my clothes (kahkis and a t-shirt) were too revealing.
SO, for a year, I wore oversized shirts and men's cordory shorts to work.
Classy.

Comments:
It's just that we work in an office where the men are expected to wear neckties and the women are expected to wear "hose". Of course that doesn't really happen. But we have a pretty spelled out list of what is acceptable for BUSINESS casual Fridays. And...um....I don't think overalls are on the list.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?