Tuesday, December 19, 2006

 

backing it up

Dear Cara,

This story is kind of a secret.

Back in the day of the VCR, after watching a movie on VHS, my dad would hit rewind so that the movie was playing in reverse. I explained that he should stop the movie. Then hit rewind. I explained that it was faster and better for the VCR. I had to remind him of this a few times.

A few weeks ago I walked into the family room soon after my parents had finished watching Million Dollar Baby and noticed that the DVD player was the movie playing in reverse.
I asked, “Dad, what are you doing with that DVD?”
He replied, “Backing it up.”
And I said, “Oh. Well, ya know it’s kind of like a cd. So you don’t have to rewind it.”

This really happened.
It’s true.

Love, Jennifer

p.s. Last week on business casual Friday someone in my office wore brown corduroy overalls. Seriously.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?