Wednesday, November 15, 2006

 

prescriptions drugs with a street value

Oh Cara,

You have no idea how many times I have thought that my doctors would think that there was nothing wrong with my back...

But that I was just some sort of drug seeker like they deal with on ER about thrice a season.

Seriously.

I would worry that my doctors would think I was making up the whole back pain thing. That I was only seeking as much hydrocodone or oxycodone as I could get my hands on.

I really really thought that I would end up on the front page of the Tennessean just like Mindy McCready did over the whole oxycontin thing.

It didn't matter that X-rays, MRI's, and my chiropractors notes all showed that I have some serious back problems. Scoliosis, degenerative disc disease, two herniated discs, an impinged sciatic nerve.

I really expected them to say, "Ms. Coomer, we're only going to give you five Percoset and you'll just have to make them last. And this is the last time you're going to get any such medication because we know that you have a problem. And you might want to seek help. Mental help. Substance abuse help. Because we see through your lies. We know that you are a drug seeking addict. We know that you are a liar. A big fat liar.”

So, it's a really really good thing that I went ahead with the back surgery before I truly ended up addicted to Percoset because I never would have had the nerve to get my drugs off the black market when I was nervous to even ask my doctor for it when I actually really really needed it.

So yes. I get it. I get it. I so get it.

Alive and Well in The South,
Jennifer

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?