Wednesday, October 25, 2006

 

You've Got Nothing on Me, Jim!

Dear Jennifer,
Today I rose bright and early to the sound of my alarm clock. I didn't recognize the noise. I couldn't figure out why Herb was not turning off his alarm clock. Finally, I realized it was my alarm and I hit snooze.

Herb woke up. And after he sang five rowdy rounds of "My name is Jack Johnson, I come from Wisconsin . . . ", I woke up too. If you have a choice, try not to fall in love with an ex-camp counselor. I know you can't help who you love Jennifer. But I'm just saying . . .

I scurried around and gathered everything I need to go swimming and then shower & dress at the gym before going to my appointments. When I got finished with my workout, I was chatting with another swimmer in the locker room. As I rifled through my bag, I declared, "Well, it looks like I forgot a bra and underwear today. Think I can get away with that?"

She smiled politely. I appreciated that she didn't answer. I mean, "No" means I have to rush home to acquire the undergarments. And "Yes" means I have small breasts. I appreciated her ommision of opinion. Somehow, I managed to get out of the gym as slow as a turtle on sleeping pills and I didn't want to be late for my appointment, so the decision was made for me.

Double Commando.

Later, I arrived at the hospital. My volunteer partner Jim rushed in late, out of breath. "Sorry I am late. You would not believe the time I had trying to get over. I left my cell phone, name badge, and wallet all in a nice little stack on my kitchen counter. SO, I have to wear a sticker name tag today!"

And I am thinking, "Really Jim, that's all you got? I'm not wearing a bra."

Love,
Cara

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?