Wednesday, October 25, 2006

 

Superiority and Poop

Dear Jennifer,

I am glad you liked the flowers I sent you. I am sorry they just arrived today. I ordered them last Friday, but it was five minutes after 2pm on the east coast by the time I finally called the 1-800 number . . . .because the web site was not being my friend . . . and apparently 2pm on the east coast is the cut off time for same-day deliveries. So you might wonder, why didn't they come on Saturday . . . or even yesterday? well, let me tell you! then there was something about a warehouse and sitting there all weekend and the distiction between a vendor bouquet and something else . . . so nothing was going to make it to you until Tuesday. . . and it was all so very silly to me. If I had just called them in the first place, you would have gotten them on Friday. But you got flowers on Tuesday instead and I will just tell myself that I am actually superior to all of the pedestrians who gave you gifts on the day of your surgery. SO predictable. I will tell myself that I am a better friend because four days later, after everyone else has moved on and is no longer thinking about your state of health, I thought to send you flowers.

We'll go with that, okay?

I also need to let you know that my basement flooded today. And after frantically trying to locate my wedding dress to make sure it was not being soaked, a nice young man named Chongo from Roto-Rooter came and cleared out the pipes. And while I didn't understand a word he said, my pipes appear to be cleared out now. I would tell you more, but apparently my $200 does not include cleaning the poop and mud off of the flooded floors. So I have to go downstairs now and clean up.

Love,
Cara

Comments:
Chongo came to my house yesterday.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?