Thursday, October 26, 2006

 

the good, the bad, and the lily

Dear Cara,

I, too, am not a big fan of the sock. Sure, I am glad to have them when I need them. But finding the right foot insulation can be a difficult task. I’m sure that our Kentucky and Mid-Tenn winters are nothing in comparison to your Colorado snows. But days come when the proper foot garment is required for both the warm and the proper fit of one’s footwear. Right now, for instance, I am wearing fuzzy socks that Tiffany and Jennifer gave me before my surgery (along with magazines and slippers). But when I crawl under the covers tonight the socks will lay on the floor. My toes like to breath when I sleep. In the past I may have fallen asleep with socks on. Yet somehow I never wake-up with both socks on. Often times I will, oddly, find one or both of them on my pillow next to my head. It’s true.

At home cushy, fuzzy, wuzzy, comfort socks. At work usually a thin trouser sock. On casual Fridays maybe a brightly colored sock that nobody sees but me. By-the-way, my cousin, Katrina, loves socks. Her email address even says so. She’s something of a collector. A connoisseur maybe. Perhaps we need her to weigh in on this matter.

So, is it weird that I took a picture (a self-timered self portrait) of my incision? Do you wanna see it? I bet you kind of do. Here, I’ll show you another picture of the lilies you sent me before I show you the picture of my incision. I just don’t think it would be right to spring a picture like that one someone without warning.
So, I’m going to give you need to scroll.


Scroll...
Scroll...
Scroll...And there it is. Not so bad, huh? There are suppose to be stitches under there under the skin. Today 2 of those steri-stirps fell off. It’s just mostly brushed looking. A little red in the middle. But mostly normal my mother says. And that word and I don't always go together in the same sentence unless it's being used with "ab" or "not".


Love,
Jennifer


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?