Wednesday, October 25, 2006

 

The Aftermath and Footwear Quandry

Dear Jennifer,

As I was cleaning up the second of three rooms affected by the flood and poop, the friend i was talking to on the phone suggested I drink wine to ease any back pain that might ensue from the manual labor. I said that sounded like a great idea but that I was always leary about drinking alone at home. A glass of wine at 4:30 in front of Oprah is funny . . . but if it ever turned into a Gin and Tonic at 10am in front of the View . . . that would be scary. Seems like a line I don't want to cross. Just me. Whatever. But I had no problem walking over to the local wine bar (The Village Cork) and drinking by myself at 4 in the afternoon . . . as long as I was in public! Again, whatever. Turns out, I didn't get over there, but Herbie DID open a bottle of wine for me last night. It tasted like chocolate and yumminess. So, after you are off of the pain killers, check out the 2002 Fife Redhead Red! Delicious!

In other news, I realize yet again why I prefer summer to winter when it comes to footwear. Summer footwear is my favorite. It is inexpensive, comfortable, and rarely requires socks. I have never figured out what kind of socks to wear in the winter time. This is a yearly occurrence. You would think I would figure this out and then use my findings the following year. Doesn't happen. I don't want to wear my white ankle work out socks with my nice winter shoes . . . So I normally end up wearing wool hiking socks. Not the most comfortable and normally itchy, too tight and too hot, but since I wear Danskos a lot, it seems to be okay. I know there are other options out there. I just can't figure them out. I can't imagine this is a problem for most people.

What kind of socks do you wear in the winter? Does it even get cold in Kentucky?

Just kidding.

Kind of.

Finally, I read Psalm 86:1-4 and Proverbs 8:32-36 this morning. I liked it a lot.

Have a great day, friend!

Love,
Cara

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?